AVOID FLY INFESTATIONS: Follow these good tips to avoid fly problems in your area:
The City of San Diego has been providing trash collection services to the public for over 90 years. This year crews will collect about 325,000 tons of trash from 289,000 residences in San Diego. Crews will also collect over 60,000 tons of household recyclables and over 30,000 tons of yard waste to be recycled.
Trash is collected weekly, Monday-Friday, 6 a.m.-5:30 p.m. The collection day depends on where you live in the City. Trash must be set out at the curb or alleyway by 6 a.m. for pickup. To help prevent litter in our neighborhoods, please bag or wrap all loose trash material before you place it in your trash container.
2016 Holiday ScheduleNo collection of City of San Diego trash, recyclables, or yard waste on the following City observed holidays:
- New Year's Day, January 1
- Memorial Day, May 30
- Independence Day, July 4
- Labor Day, September 5
- Thanksgiving Day, November 24
- Christmas Day, December 25
Starting the day of the holiday, trash is collected one day later for the remainder of that week (Tuesday's trash will be picked up Wednesday, etc., and Friday's trash will be collected Saturday).
VIDEO:Mayor Faulconer joins yard waste collection crews:
- What Goes in Your Yard Waste Bin? (PDF)
- Curbside Yard Waste Recycling Program Brochure (PDF)
- New Service Request Application (PDF)
- Automated Trash Collection Brochure (PDF)
- Trash Collection Business Tax (PDF)
- Impuesto del Recolector de Basura (PDF)
- Eligibility and Service Standards of Waste Collection (PDF)
For questions or concerns, see the Frequently Asked Questions or contact Environmental Services at 858-694-7000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.