Kids and Teens
The San Diego Public Library offers a wide range of services to children, teens and young adults.
- Please call your local community Library, or the Central Library's Sanford Children's Library (619-236-5800)
- Many of the City's libraries have special staff for these services called Youth Services Librarians. When you contact one of the City's libraries ask for them for special assistance.
- The Central Library downtown has a teen center, called the Pauline Foster Teen Center, located on the second floor. This beach-themed, safe, learning environment for teens only includes:
- 14 computers and two study rooms specially set aside for teens;
- fun and engaging furniture with a relaxed environment to encourage teens to hang out and collaborate;
- iPads, iPad Minis, Chromebooks, and eReaders available; and
- media gaming room with an onsite snack bar.
1st Annual Digital Media Arts Exhibition
Open to all middle and high school students in San Diego County, the 1st Annual Digital Media Arts Exhibition will be held at e3 Civic High located in the new downtown Central Library. The DMA exhibition opening awards reception will be held on Wednesday, March 16, 2016, 5PM - 7PM. The exhibition will be on view Monday through Friday by appointment from March 16 through April 15, 2016, from 3pm - 5pm.
See more detail.
Do Your Homework @ The Library
Got homework? Get personalized assistance at one of the San Diego Public Libraries.
e3 Civic High: Engage, Educate, Empower.
Currently in its second year, e3 Civic High is a 21st century high school located on the Central Library's 6th and 7th floors. Visit www.e3civichigh.com for more information.
Admit One College Prep Academy
This free program is aimed at giving high school students a jump start on the college admissions process. The Spring 2016 series will be hosted at our Logan Heights Branch Library from April 5th - 30th. A complete schedule is included in the application below.
Please contact SDLBAcademy@sandiego.gov or 619-238-6684 for more information.
Annual Student Writing for Literacy Library Essay Contest
Write the winning essay! Receive recognition! Win fabulous prizes!
Contest submissions are now being accepted for the 19th annual student contest due by Friday, December 18, 2015 at 3:00 p.m.
For other questions or concerns, call 619-236-5800 or email email@example.com